Tips & Instructions For XFasten Aluminum Foil Tape 3.6 mil (Pack of 3)
For best results on applying your Aluminum Foil Tape, these are a few key areas that one should put in mind during the application stage:
1) Make sure that the surface where you would be installing the Aluminum Foil Tape is clean, dry and dust-free. Thoroughly dust the area, clean it with an alcohol solution and let it completely dry before applying the tape.
2) Peel the tape from the roll. The tape itself is easy to tear by hand so you shouldn't have any problem. An important note to make, though: make sure to not touch the adhesive side too much as oils from your hands or any other foreign materials can contaminate the adhesive and lessen its bonding strength.
3) Conform the tape with the surface's texture to eliminate any gaps that may exist in between the tape and the surface. The Aluminum Foil tape is conformable so make sure that you mold and press it against the surface's bumps, curves, and empty areas, covering every possible hole.
4) Roll as much layer to make the foil tape layer thicker. This set-up would significantly increase the strength, stability and insulating power of the application.
5) Eliminate any air bubbles which may exist using a squeegee or any plastic card.
6) Allow the tape's adhesive to cure, dry and acclimatize overnight before using the whole ducting system. If this isn't possible, then letting the tape set for at least 3-4 hours would be sufficient.