Blue Painters Tape Instructions
- Clean the surface where you would be installing the Blue Painter’s Tape. Lint, dirt, and dust can significantly lessen the bonding strength of adhesives. You can clean it with an alcohol or soap solution
- Peel the tape from the roll. Cut the desired length of the strip based on the desired area.
- Apply the tape on the surface.
- Squeegee any air bubbles or gaps that may exist between the surface and the tape. This may cause the adhesive to weaken over time. You can use your hands to squeegee any excess air.
- If you are applying the tape on a cylindrical shaped object, maximize the tape's tension and tightness.
- Apply more strips by repeating steps 2-6.
Pressure Sensitivity for Surfaces
If you are installing the painter’s tape on walls and hard surfaces to prevent paint bleeding, apply as much pressure as possible to maximize the bonding strength. However, if you are using it on an art paper for paint masking or temporarily holding your paper while you paint, go gentle in pressing the tape for a quick application.
To prevent tearing and lifting of paper fiber on watercolor paper surfaces, you can stick the painters' tape first on a fabric surface before lifting it and finally installing it on the art paper. This will make it less tacky and less likely to remove or damage the paper surface.
Removing the Adhesive
In rare cases, the adhesive can stick into objects such as the edge of a scissor. Either of the following steps can easily remove the adhesive:
- Partially melting the adhesive using the warm air exhaust of a hairdryer or a heat gun. Warm air will soften the adhesive and thus make it easier for you to remove any adhesive residue. After partially melting the adhesive, then you can wipe off the adhesive residue.
- Wiping the surface with warm water with soap and white vinegar solution. You can also use a soft brush to remove the adhesive faster. You can also mix in some baking soda to the solution.
- Applying Goo Gone solution, lighter fluid, or kerosene on the surface. This will melt the adhesive without damaging the surface. Soak the surface for 15 minutes and simply wipe it off with a damp cloth. The residue can easily be removed and wiped clean through this process.