Tips & Instructions For XFasten Foam Mounting Tape, 1-inch x 150-inch, Pack of 3
- Before application, make sure that the surface is thoroughly clean. It would be best to wipe the surface first with a wet then dry cloth before the application of the tape. Dirt and lint can extremely lessen the strength of the adhesive.
- Since various finishes react differently to many types of adhesive substance, we highly recommend to test out a short strip of the tape to a small corner first to see and verify how it will react to the adhesive.
- The mounting tape will hold out up to a maximum of 5 pounds in mass per square inch of tape that is to be applied. To be sure, just install the maximum allowable amount of tape that you could on the object's surface. Not only the weight of the object is to be considered but also its size. It would be best to maximize the surface area of application for the tape strips by using longer and more pieces.
- For an easy installation, apply the tape first and stick it to the preferred surface before peeling off the red backing. Make sure to apply pressure or press the tape firmly on all of its areas during application to ensure maximum contact and greater initial bonding.
- After peeling the adhesive liner, make sure not to touch the adhesive side as oils from your hands, or any other foreign materials can contaminate the adhesive and affect its bonding strength.
- Let the tape set for about 2-3 hours before putting some weight on the object.