- The XFasten RV Roof Seal Tape can be used to fix RV Roof window vents, seams, and gutters.
- Clean the surface where the tape is to be installed. If possible, brush any mold, persistent dirt, grime, dust, and any foreign particulate matter on the surface. You can use a commercial cleaner, mineral spirits, or a 45/45/10 mixture of water, vinegar, and liquid soap for the cleaning solution. Scrape any materials that have started to rot or deteriorate until you have a clean and dry surface.
- Optional: you can also lightly sand the surface that is hidden after the application so that the adhesive would have a better hold on the surface.
- Lay down and alight the RV Roof Seal Tape on the surface. Do not remove the adhesive liner yet. Align and position first where the tape should go.
- Once the tape has been aligned, carefully remove the adhesive liner. Do not remove all the adhesive liners yet. Start with unraveling 6 inches of the adhesive liner.
- To remove the adhesive liner easily, start by creating a small gap between the adhesive and the liner using any flat-tipped object like a card, knife’s edge, or fingernail.
- Carefully position the first 6 inches of the exposed adhesive as to where it should go.
- Once you are sure about the tape’s position, press the tape firmly and apply pressure against the surface. Push any air bubbles out. Squeegee any air bubbles or gaps that exists between the surface and the tape.
- Once the first 6 inches of the tape has been placed firmly, unravel another addition length of the adhesive liner.
- Repeat processes 8-9 in manageable length increments of 6-12 inches.
- You can use an adhesive roller or any cylindrical tool to apply pressure on the RV Roof Seal Tape. The Tape has a pressure-sensitive Butyl Seal adhesive, which means that its bonding strength increases the more pressure you apply on it during the initial application step.
- Let the tape set for 24 hours.
Increasing Application Strength
The XFasten RV Roof Seal Tape is strong and heavy-duty repair tape. However, there are more things that can be done to make the application even stronger:
- Apply as much as possible to press the tape towards the surface. This removes any gap and also increases the surface area of contact between the surface that is to be sealed and the butyl tape. To prevent the butyl tape from sticking to your hands during this step. It is recommended to wet your fingers with soapy water.
- Make sure that the surface is clean and dry before applying the tape. Remove any mold, dust, grime, or dirt that has accumulated on the tape. You can also sand the surface lightly.