2) Peel the tape from the roll. The tape itself is easy to tear so you shouldn't have any problem. An important note to make, though: make sure to not touch the adhesive sides too much as oils from your hands or any other foreign materials can contaminate the adhesive and lessen its bonding strength.
3) Conform the tape with the surface's texture to eliminate any gaps that may exist in between the tape and the surface. The dry erase tape is conformable so make sure that you mold and press it against the surface's bumps, curves, and empty areas, covering every possible hole.
4) Eliminate any air bubbles which may exist by applying pressure on the area of application.
5) Allow the tape to cure, dry, and acclimatize for 30 minutes for best results.
Pressure Sensitivity for Surfaces
If you install the Dry Erase Tape on hard surfaces, apply as much pressure as possible to maximize the bonding strength. However, if you are using it on softer surfaces, go gentle in pressing the tape for a temporary application. Although, the Dry Erase Tape can be removed for temporary applications, it would be best to be gentle on soft surfaces to prevent damage.
Increasing the Bonding Strength
- You can increase the bonding strength of the Dry Erase Tape by pressing it to the surface. Make sure to press it firmly through your hands or palm. Squeegee any air bubbles or gaps that may exist between the surface and the tape.
- If you have a hairdryer or a heat gun, you can also heat the adhesive using warm air exhaust. Heating the adhesive upon installation will temper it and further increase the adhesive’s strength.
- Avoid touching the adhesive while installing it on the surface. Oils and moisture can severely weaken the adhesive/ Also, the Dry Erase Sheets has an anti-ghosting coating for cleaner erasures later.
Removing the Adhesive
In rare cases, the adhesive can stick to objects such as the edge of a scissor. The adhesive can be easily removed by either of the following steps:
- Partially melting the adhesive using the warm air exhaust of a hair dryer. After partially melting the adhesive, then you can simpy wipe off the adhesive residue.
- Wiping the surface with a warm water with soap and white vinegar solution. You can also use a soft brush to remove the adhesive faster. You can also use a soft brush to remove the adhesive faster. You can also mix in some baking soda to the solution.
- Applying Goo Gone Solution, lighter fluid, or kerosene on the surface. The reside can easily be removed and wiped clean through this process.