1. Lay out the vapor barrier films on the walls.
2. Apply the acoustic sealant of your choice to the perimeter of the wall. This ensures a proper seal on the wall.
3. Stretch out your vapor barrier to the wall and staple them in place. Use the least amount of staples as possible as you would want the least possible perforations on your vapor barrier film. This will ensure that the film forms a proper air sealed envelope on your wall.
4. If needed, you can install more acoustic sealant as a primary sealant for corners and seams. Remember to press the film against the acoustic sealant for maximum contact and sealing.
5. If needed, cut holes (and seal accordingly) for electrical boxes and outlets. 6. Install the XFasten Construction Tape on the seams and ends of the vapor barrier film. Fill in any perforations, tears and seams so as to create a perfect seal.
7. Conform the Construction Seaming tape with the surface's bumps and curves by squeegeeing it with your hands. Make sure that no pockets of air exist between the firm and the tape.
8. Avoid touching the adhesive side so as not to weaken the tape.
9. Apply 2-3 layers more of the tape to ensure maximum strength and longevity.
10. Allow the tape to cure for 1-2 hours
The XFasten Construction Seaming Tape can also be used on epoxy resin molds to prevent the resin from sticking into the surface of the mold, thus making the removal process easier.
Cutting the Construction Seaming Tape
You can cut a strip of the construction seaming tape using a pair of scissors. If you have trouble cutting the tape, then it is recommended to apply some form of tension in the tape by pulling it gently while one end is installed on the surface while the other end is still spooled in the roll. By pulling the tape and applying the tension, it will be easier to cut or tear the strip.
Removing the Adhesive
On rare cases, the adhesive can stick into objects such as the edge if a scissor. The adhesive can be easily removed by either of the following steps:
1. partially melting the adhesive using the warm air exhaust of a hair dryer. Warm air will soften the adhesive and thus make it easier for you to remove any adhesive residue. After partially melting the adhesive, then you can simply wipe off the adhesive residue.
2. Wiping the surface with a warm water with soap and white vinegar solution. You can also use a soft brush to remove the adhesive faster. You can also mix in some baking soda to the solution.
3. Applying Goo Gone solution, lighter fluid or kerosene on the surface. This will melt the adhesive without damaging the surface. Soak the surface for 15 minutes and simply wipe if off with a damp cloth. The residue can easily be removed and wiped clean through this process.