Glue Point Dot Tape Instructions
- Make sure that the surface where you would be installing the Glue Point Dot is clean, dry, and dust-free. Thoroughly dust the area, clean it with alcohol solution, and let it completely dry before applying the tape. Glue Point Dots are usually used to stick balloons on walls or with other bunch of balloons. Make sure that the balloon surface’s is also clean and free of dust, dirt and oil.
- Do not peel the dots from the roll yet. Cut a small section of the roll, including the paper adhesive liner. Cut as much sections as you would like to use for the balloons.
- Hold the sections at the edge and never at the self-adhesive side. Touching the self-adhesive side can cause the oil from your hands or any foreign materials to contaminate the adhesive and lessen its bonding strength.
- Still with the adhesive liner on, press, paste and squeegee the section directly on the balloon or any surface you want to mount. Conform the tape with the surface’s texture to eliminate any gaps that may exist in between the tape and the surface. The glue dots are conformable so make sure that you mold and press it against the surface’s bumps, curves, and empty areas, covering every possible leak.
- Carefully peel the adhesive liner section. NOTE: make sure to not touch the self-adhesive side as oils from your hands or any other foreign materials can contaminate the adhesive and lessen its bonding strength.
- Install the tape on the balloon on the wall or to other balloons. Gently press both surfaces to increase the bonding strength.
- Allow the tape to cure, dry and acclimatize for 10 minutes before subjecting them into other external forces.
Increasing the Application Strength
- Apply as much pressure as possible by pressing the glue dots against the surface. This removes any gaps and also increase the surface area of contact between the surface and the silicone tape.
- Use as many glue dots as you can (3-5 dots) and apply make sure to press both surfaces together.
- Do not touch the adhesive part to prevent contaminating the adhesive.
Removing the Adhesive
To remove the glue dots, simply peel them off from the surface. On rare cases, the adhesive can stick into objects. Although highly unlikely, adhesive residues, if there are any, can be easily removed by either of the following steps:
- Partially melting the adhesive using the warm air exhaust of a hairdryer or a heat gun. Warm air will soften the adhesive and thus make it easier for you to remove any adhesive residue. After partially melting the adhesive, then you can simply wipe off the adhesive residue. Heat also deactivates the adhesion of the glue dots temporarily so you can use this method during removal of the dots if you want to make sure that no residue or damage is dealt on the surface where the dots were installed.
- Applying Goo Gone solution, lighter fluid, or kerosene on the surface. This will melt the adhesive without damaging the surface. Soak the surface for 15 minutes and simply wipe it off with a damp cloth. The residue can easily be removed and wiped clean through this process.