The XFasten Transfer Tape is used for transferring designs from a weeded vinyl sheet to the surface you want to decorate. Vinyl design sheets and the cutting machine are sold separately.
Paper vs Vinyl Transfer Tape
A vinyl/plastic transfer tape is generally used for a most smooth surface applications, especially on simple designs. It is known for being a beginner friendly transfer tape as you can see the design through the transparent sheet, allowing for more precise placement and installation. It can also be reused multiple times as long as its paper adhesive liner is installed back after the application.
Paper Transfer Tapes are less tacky and harder to install since they are less translucent, thus adding some degree of difficulty in placing the design on the desired position and location on the surface. However, since it has a lower tack, it allows for wet applications, thus making it ideal for more advanced projects and designs and for surfaces that are porous like wood or textured concrete.
The XFasten Transfer Tape is made of vinyl and comes with a medium-tack adhesion, allowing for the design to be transferred easier.
You can reuse the XFasten Transfer Tape multiple times provided that you stick the paper adhesive liner back after the project. Please ensure that the transfer tape does not come into contact with dust, dirt, grime, or oil to reuse it without any decrease in adhesion and transfer performance.
How to Create a Weeded Design with a Cutting Machine
Vinyl sheets and the cutting machine is not included in this product. To clarify, this is a transfer tape and not the vinyl sheet itself. You would need a separate vinyl sheet to carry the design which you wish to install on the surface.
To create a weeded vinyl design, take your design on any vinyl cutting software and feed the sheet on the cutting machine of your choice.
How to Create a Weeded Design Manually
If you do not have access to a cutting machine, to create a weeded design:
1) Print your design on a sheet of paper (this is your template) and stick the printed design on a vinyl sheet using a temporary tape.
2) Using an Exacto knife, trace the design to cut the sheet based on your printed template.
3) Remove the printed template and remove the excess vinyl using a decal tweezer.
How to Use the XFasten Vinyl Transfer Tape
1) PREPARE the weeded vinyl design. TRIM a piece of transfer tape using a pair of sharp scissors, matching the size of the weeded vinyl design.
2) REMOVE the clear transfer tape sheet from its white, adhesive backing sheet. Make sure to keep the adhesive liner if you want to reuse the transfer tape sheet later.
3) PLACE the transfer sheet over the front of the weeded design and SQUEEGEE to the design using a squeegee tool. You can use any plastic card as a squeegee tool. Make sure to eliminate any air bubbles that may form between the vinyl sheet and the transfer sheet. After squeegeeing one side, turn the sheet and apply pressure on the other side. Apply pressure to both sides for maximum contact.
4) CAREFULLY REMOVE the backing paper from the weeded design, leaving only the design to the transfer tape.
5) MOUNT the transfer tape with the design to the surface of the item. SQUEEGEE the transfer tape onto the surface.
6) GENTLY REMOVE the transfer tape from the surface, leaving only the design on the base item's surface. If some design does not release to the surface, put the transfer sheet back, and squeegee the part where the design failed to transfer before removing the tape again.
7) Reinstall the adhesive backing if you wish to reuse the transfer tape.